Town Planning Services

Outlook Planning and Development provides town planning advice and support for all types of development. Some of our services include the following:

Statement of Environmental Effects (SOEE)

Statement of environmental effects are required for all development applications. This is a document that is the backbone of a development application and provides details of zoning, permissibility and provides justification for any DCP non compliance. A good Statement of Environmental Effects can be the difference between approval and refusal.

Clause 4.6 Variation to Development Standard

The Local Environmental Plan provides clauses that allow and restrict development. The LEP is used by Council to implement height limits, minimum lot sizes and floor space ratios for developments. These restrictions are legislative and in order to seek a variation a special document is required called a Clause 4.6 Variation to Development Standard report. We have a proven track record in providing expert quality Variation reports.

Development Objection Letters

We assist our clients by writing development objection letters for development applications. We provide highly detailed objection letters and have had a lot of experience in achieving better outcomes for our clients through our objection letters. 

Lodgement and Project Management of DA

We assist our clients by handling the whole development application process for them. We seek quotes for all consultants including architects, surveyors, engineers etc and manage them throughout the process. We package the whole application and submit to Council as the Applicant. We manage all correspondence with Council and address any additional information requests.

Get your approval sooner

We can help you get your development application approval faster to save time and money on your build. Contact us today!

Examples of Development Applications we assist with!

Change of Use

Change of use applications are one of the enquiries we receive the most from new clients wanting to start a new business.

Read More »

Multi Dwelling Housing

We work on multi dwelling housing – town house development projects within the Sydney metropolitan and regional areas, Central Coast and Newcastle/Hunter areas.

Read More »

Boarding Houses

Boarding Houses are becoming increasingly popular for savy developers. We work on a range of in-fill affordable housing and boarding house development applications.

Read More »

Secondary Dwellings

We have experience in obtaining approval for secondary dwellings (granny flats) under the provisions of State Environmental Planning Policy (Affordable Rental) and Local Environmental Plans.

Read More »

Senior Living

We work on Seniors Living Developments made under State Environmental Planning Policy – Housing for Seniors or People with a Disability 2004 (SEPP – Seniors Living).

Read More »

Recreation Facilities

We provide planning services for the development of recreation facilities including gyms, functional training, swim schools, martial art studios and yoga studios.

Read More »

Let’s work together

Have a chat with Josh and the Team Today!

Our Blogs

Reducing Car Parking in CBDs

We explore the theory that as the amount of parking decreases, the appeal of driving gives way to more environmentally friendly transport modes such as walking, cycling, ride-hailing, car pooling and public transport.

Some evidence suggests reducing or capping parking pays off. In cities that have implemented these measures, driving has declined and public transport use has increased.

Read More »

SFS Stadium Redevelopment seeks new construction company

The redevelopment of the Sydney Football Stadium has been full of controversy with a massive public backlash to the development.

The development has been subject to a lot of public debate with questions as to why the NSW Government are demolishing a functioning stadium instead of upgrading the stadium at a fraction of the cost.

Read More »

Objection to Boutique Hotel in Redfern

Outlook Planning and Development were engaged by a group of concerned residents in regards to a nearby development that sought consent to demolish an existing (abandoned) service station to a boutique hotel with 58 guest rooms, car lift and guest facilities.

Read More »